Now that you’re home for winter break, it’s time to start treating yourself to some festive sweets! These peppermint sugar blossom cookies are delicious and super-easy to make.
Here’s what you’ll need:
-1 package Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses
-2 cups all-purpose flour
-1 cup granulated sugar
-1/4 teaspoon baking soda
-1/4 teaspoon salt
-1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
-1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
-1 large egg
-2 tablespoons milk
-1/2 cup crushed candy cane pieces
(Makes about 48 cookies.)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix butter, granulated sugar, egg and vanilla in a bowl until well blended.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt and crushed candy canes in a separate bowl and stir.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients (from step 3) and milk to the butter mixture (alternating between dry ingredients and milk) and stir together with a wooden spoon until you get an even, doughy consistency.
- Shape your dough into 1-inch balls and place them onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until lightly browned on the edges. Now is a good time to unwrap your Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses.
- Take your cookie sheets out of the oven and press one Kiss into each cookie. Put your cookies back into the oven for 2 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool completely.
Now you have a fresh batch of cookies to serve at your holiday party or you can put them in small festive bags and give them as gifts! (Or just enjoy them for yourself!)
*If you’re not the best at baking, or you’re short on time, you can also buy prepackaged peppermint sugar cookie dough (Pillsbury makes a great one) at your local supermarket and just add the Candy Cane Kisses!