Planning your Halloween costume on a small college budget can be difficult sometimes. That is why we have made this awesome list of group Halloween costumes. So grab your friends and your creativity and dress to impress!
- Pack of 10 Crayons
Take your group of friends and pick your favorite crayon color! Buy a twin sized bed sheet at the store in whatever color! Wrap it around your body. Make 2 stripes on the top and bottom of the sheet around your body with black electrical tape. Take a sharpie and write your favorite color on the sheet once it is wrapped around you. Draw on the Crayola Crayon logo too! Take a piece of construction paper the same color as your sheet and fold it into a cone shape, to make a hat… Crayola ain’t got nothin’ on you!
- A 6 Pack of Beer
Grab a group of 5 friends. Each buy a roll or two of duct tape. Strip down to your skivvies and start taping! Wrap your body in the duct tape, excluding your arms (from chest to mid-thigh range). Hop on the Internet and print out the label or your friends’ favorite brew! Tape it on the front and back of your body. I will set the scene: Halloween party, door opens, you and your hot group of friends file in. The party has arrived! Everyone loves it when the beer is brought to the party! Don’t lose your friends though; no one likes a pack of beer when it’s missing a can!!
- Fruit of the Loom Fruits
This is a great costume for a group! For the purple grape you will need purple leggings, a purple shirt, a purple cap, and lots of purple balloons. Once wearing all the clothes, blow up the balloons and pin them all over your body. Viola, you are a grape! Repeat the same steps for the green grape but obviously substitute everything purple for green. To make the apple, grab a very large red t-shirt, 2 pillows, red leggings, a white pillowcase, pillow stuffing, and some red paint. Strap the 2 pillows to each side of your body (under the red shirt) to form your body. Paint the sewn end of your pillowcase red. Then place the pillowcase tight around your head and stuff it with the pillow stuffing until it stands up straight. Lastly, to make the leaf, wear a green tee, leggings, and cap. Then use leaves (found at most art stores) and hot glue them all over your body. Make sure and add a few to your cap!
- Gang Green
Get a group together as large as you want. Everyone should grab jeans, a green shirt, green bandannas, and any other accessories to make it look like your a gangster wearing green. Have everyone in your group dress exactly that way, now your Gang Green!!
- Positive (Oh Shit!) and Negative (Thank God!) Preganancy Tests
This costume is great for two guys and is hilarious! You will need white pants, a white shirt, white body paint, and white hair paint. On the front of one shirt, draw a gray square with one red line through it. On the back of that shirt write, “Thank God!” For the second shirt, draw a gray box on the front with two red lines. On the back of that shirt write, “Oh Shit!” Paint your face and hair white and you are good to go!
- Spice Girls
This a popular group costume every year! For Scary Spice wear something sexy with an animal print and big, curly hair. For Baby Spice wear a short and sweet dress in a bright color and wear your hair in high pigtails. For Sexy Spice wear a short black skirt and a tight, revealing top. For Sporty Spice wear track pants a sleeveless tank and tennis shoes. For Posh Spice wear a short strapless dress and high, high heels.
- Big Lebowski Crew
This group costume can include a lot of people. You obviously need The Dude, but you can add Walter, Donny, Jesus, Maude, Bunny, and The Nihilists to this group.
- Ghost Busters
Grab some tan jumpsuits and a few sheets of paper. Then grab some cardboard boxes, and grab some old vacuum hoses. Go online and print out a bunch of copies of the ghost buster logo. Staple, tape, or glue the cut-out logo onto the jumpsuits. Paint the cardboard boxes black and use some bungee cords as straps. Now cut a hole in the cardboard box and glue the vacuum hose in the box.
- Legends of the Hidden Temple
Grab some friends and start this 90′s adventure right! All you need are some golden helmets, matching t-shirts with a type of animal on them, kneepads, and some cargo shorts.
- Reno 911
Grab a few guys and a few gals and dress up as cops. The only thing you need to make sure is that one of the guys has the Lt. Dangle short-shorts and there is the token black guy.
- Top Gun
Grab your leather jacket and jeans, and for others a tan jumpsuits. Grab some aviators and you’ve got it. Just make sure who’s Iceman and Goose.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Now here’s a costume where you can start to get creative. Grab some green, yellow and black paint, with dark green sweats (no hoodies, just a regular long-sleeve sweatshirt). You’ll also need red, blue, orange and purple cloth for defining your character. Now grab a piece of cardboard and cut it to where it looks like the chests of the ninja turtles. Paint the cardboard yellow, and paint the body definition with the black paint. Put the cardboard on your chest and cut out your colored cloth for a mask and for sweatbands on your wrists. Now grab your weapons and you’re ready!
- Whole McDonalds Group
There are plenty of characters in the McDonalds group. Choose from Ronald McDonald, Grimace, Hamburglar, Birdie, Mayor McCheese, or Officer Big Mac. Just make sure that you make a trip to McDonald’s at least once while you’re dressed up!
- Sons of Anarchy
Print out the SOA logo and get some biker gear together. Grab some wigs and fake facial hair to fit the character you want to be. The main characters would be Jax, Clay, Gemma, Tig, Juice, Opie, and any other you want to depict. Now get to ridin’.
- Doug Characters
For a smaller group, these costumes would be really fun. There is Doug, Skeeter, Porkchop, Patty, Roger, and even Quail Man. There are a lot of ways to go about doing it, so just have fun and make it unique.
- Deal or No Deal
This is great for a lot of girls and one guy. The guy should dress up in a suit like Howie, and shaving the head may be optional, unless you’re truly wanting it official. The girls get all matching dresses with briefcases that have numbers on them.
- Jersey Shore
Attention all guidos and guidettes! This is a great costume for those looking to look tan and bulk and rage hard. Grab 4 bros and 5 gulls and dress as your characters. There’s Ronnie, Pauly D, The Situation, Vinny, Sammi Sweetheart, Snooki, JWoww, Deena, and Angelina.
- Seven Deadly Sins
This is a great costume for those looking to stand out. For each deadly sin, dress appropriately. Obviously Glutton will be covered with food items, Greed covered in dollar bills, Lust dressed very risque, Wrath dressed like a murderer, etc.
- Three Blind Mice
This costume obviously only applies to groups of 3. Dress either in all white or all black. Wear sunglasses and mouse ears with a cane.
Dress up like any of the famous group of Mouseketeers like Britney Spears, or just be an original Mouseketeer. For guys, wear a light yellow sweatshirt with blue pants. For the girls, light yellow sweatshirt with a blue skirt. Don’t forget your mickey mouse hats though!
- Blue Man Group
Dress up in all black sweats and cover the rest with blue paint. Easy enough?
- The A Team
Great costume for all guys. There’s Hannibal, Faceman, Murdock, and B.A. Each one has some uniqueness, especially B.A. Get some good jewelry for him, and make sure Hannibal has his cigar.
- Music Genres
Each person gets to dress up as a certain genre. There are so many ways to go with this, so just have fun. Just a few would include 80′s rock, early hip-hop, alternative, 90′s pop, country, etc.
- Harry Potter Characters
Dress up based on some of the best-selling books and movies. This is great for a big group because there are so many characters that people can depict, or even just a regular Hogwart’s student. For guys, grab a white collared shirt, a gray sweater, black or gray pants, and a striped tie. For girls, do the same except a skirt.
- Geek Squad Wear a white collared shirt, black pants, and a black tie. Make sure you are wearing a digital watch, glasses, and carry around some sort of technological device. If you still aren’t satisfied, print out the geek squad logo and paste it on your shirt.
- Four Seasons For groups of four, this is a fun idea. Dress up as each season. Winter will have white and blue with snowflakes on them, Fall with orange, green, brown and yellow colors with leaves on them. Spring should use bright pinks, greens, yellows, and reds, and Summer can dress in sandals and t-shirt with sunglasses with something depicting the sun.
- Redneck Family Ya’ll gon figur out watcha wanna be? Be rednecks if ya wntu! The dad can dress up without a shirt on and wear a mullet, pork chops, and camo pants. The mom can dress up with a tube top and shredded short jeans. Be creative with the kids, having any random redneck clothes you can think of for children. It should mostly consist of clothes that don’t match or go together. Think like cowboy boots, a green skirt, and a Disney shirt.
- Sesame Street Characters These characters have been so ingrained in America’s homes that everyone will immediately enjoy a big group of these characters. The main ones include Bert, Ernie, Oscar the Grouch, Cookie Monster, Big Bird, the Count, and Elmo. Have fun with it and remember, it doesn’t have to be perfect. Originality of how it’s made counts more than going out and buying a costume.
- Dorothy, Tin Man, Lion, and Scarecrow The Wizard of Oz characters never get old. These are classic costumes that a group can use together and have a great Halloween. If your group is bigger than 4, you can add in other characters from the movie, like the flying monkeys and the wicked witches.
- Pac-Man and Ghosts This is a great way to get some good exercise this Halloween, if you want. Dress up as Pac-Man and his enemies. For Pac-Man, grab some cardboard and yellow and black posterboard and design it like a pie chart with a piece missing. For the ghosts, use the cardboard to make a box with a semi-circle at the top. At the bottom of the box, cut it to make it look wavy like the bottom of the ghosts. Use either red, orange, teal, or pink poster board for the color. You’ll also want to paste on eyes for them. Make sure to wear all black underneath, and now you’ve got yourself a Pac-Man group.
I’m reading Biology