It is the beginning of July, which means the coolest holiday of the summer is on the horizon! Here are some great ways to celebrate the Fourth of July with friends or family and not break the bank!
Fun With Food!
It’s a party which means there has to be food! Change up the same old dishes and add some American spirit flare!
- Cut up fruit. The easiest fruit would be watermelon into stars shapes and lay them out.
- Make a healthy flag cake with bananas, strawberries and blueberries.
- Make white-chocolate dipped strawberries and add blue sprinkles!
I would say games are for kids but who are we kidding? Adults have just as much fun playing games as kids do.
- Corn hole of course is on the list, it’s a tradition.
- A fun twist on the classic game Twister is to spray paint the dots on the lawn. This way you can have more dots and more players!
- Spray paint cans in red, white and blue and set the up. Grab a ball and play backyard bowling!
- Stick a stake in the ground. Grab glow-sticks and play ring toss in the dark!
You cannot have a party without some decorations to spice things up.
- Pick up streamers from the store and string them up in the backyard to add color.
- Buy white and red flowers and place them in a vase of water. Add blue food coloring to the water.
- Spray paint mason jars and set them up on a colorful table runner.
I hope these ideas on how to change up your Fourth of July party spark your creativity!
Comment below with other fun ideas for the Fourth of July! And of course, Happy Fourth of July!